Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Variations on a theme: Pumpkin Pasta Another Way

I love Pumpkin Pasta. But I wanted to try punching the flavor up a little. What do you think of fresh ginger?

GUYS! My camera has a food setting. Get ready.

I actually added the baby spinach in by mistake because I thought I was making this pasta dish but whatever. The more nutrition, the merrier!

The fresh ginger added a lot of flavor. Perhaps too much. What I did was just slice some up and go from there, like they do when we used to get Chinese. Next time I'll just grate some in like a seasoning. It was a bit much. Still edible and good, but let's just say our sinuses weren't bothering us that night.


Recipe: Ginger Pumpkin Pasta

1 cup sliced carrots (I used baby)
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin
1 bag of baby spinach
s&p, nutmeg and garlic powder
1 package (1.3lbs) ground turkey
1 pound gf pasta
 3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 can pumpkin puree

Put the water on to boil. Cook pasta.

Cook the carrots and ginger in olive oil in a large skillet with high sides. Then wilt the spinach and add the turkey; cook through. Add seasonings.

Add in the broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Add in the pumpkin and mix well, making sure it's simmering. When the pasta is done, add it to the sauce and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment