Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipe: Kale Chips!

This one deserves a big ol' DUH. How could I have forgotten about kale chips!

All that was left. Almost forgot to save a few for a picture!

I only remembered because kale was on sale this week. Good a reason as any to make them.

These did not last long. I plan to make another batch tomorrow or over the weekend. John has requested curry, but I'm not so sure about Julia with that one. I'll try one or two and play it safe.

Other possible variations:
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
ranch - how do we do ranch?
paprika
cayenne
lemon zest
ginger
...cinnamon sugar? probably not

Sky's the limit, folks! Do please let me know if you hit something awesome.

I think one secret to success is the olive oil mister. I didn't have to use much, and the end result was crispy but not super greasy. I made these once years ago and they were kinda greasy and gross. But now we have a mister! I got mine at the grocery store for $10.


Recipe: Kale Chips

Bunch(es) of kale, cleaned and trimmed (or the time-saving bagged kind!)
olive oil in a misting can
s&p

Oven to 350.

Line a baking sheet with foil and parchment. Mist with olive oil. Lay the kale pieces out, trying not to let them get too crowded or they'll steam instead of crisp. Mist with olive oil and sprinkle with desired seasonings.Bake 10-15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment