Sunday, February 16, 2014

Turkey burgers, no recipe

This post brought to you by Baby Advil. You know why? Teething.

I don't even have a photo for you tonight. Know why? Teething.

So it's just a dinner idea for tonight, folks. We keep frozen turkey burger patties on hand for just such occasions as today - when you need to throw dinner together in minutes. I microwaved a frozen veg (we'd be lost without those) and sliced up some red potatoes into wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper at 400 for 40 or so minutes of crying. Burgers went in too at some point.

My husband wrestled Julia while I ate, and then I returned the favor. I had avocado on mine; it was safe and lovely.

Two notes: I used red potatoes because nobody minds when you don't peel them (less work and time!), and the turkey burgers we buy are Jennie-O brand. Nope, not organic, but the ingredient list meets with my approval - and so does the price.

And we used Rudi's multigrain bread as buns. Cheaper than buying buns and they work just the same!

I had hoped to make the shepherd's pie tonight, but it just wasn't in the cards. Leftovers for tomorrow, and maybe the pie on Tuesday! If Miss J isn't too feisty.

No comments:

Post a Comment