Monday, February 24, 2014

Sometimes I fail: Chicken and Quinoa Sort of Salad

Ok this one was weird. The quinoa was tasty and the chicken was good, and the bed of baby spinach wasn't too out there...but the raw carrots and celery were what pushed it over the edge.

I had based it on a dinner that my husband and I both love, and I may try it again later on, but this version...no.

The original recipe is to marinate the chicken in an Italian dressing or vinaigrette and serve it over quinoa over a salad, with more vinaigrette on top. It's mighty tasty when done that way. So I figured this would be an easy one to convert to elimination diet style. Nope, not with those veggies and not without the vinaigrette. I miss tomatoes.

Here's what I did:
Recipe: Chicken and Quinoa Sort of Salad

1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
honey
ginger - fresh or ground
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
baby carrots, sliced
celery, chopped
bag o' baby spinach

Place the chicken in a pan and drizzle with some honey, and then sprinkle ginger on top. Bake at 375 for about 20 mins.

Bring the quinoa and broth to a boil, and then simmer on low, covered, til cooked, 15-20 mins.

On dinner plates, layer baby spinach, quinoa, veggies and chicken. Tastes weird, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment