Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mango Kefir Smoothie

Oh yeah, this was good. Definitely going to be making this one again.

Hello, sunshine!

I've been experimenting in kefir making (there is a post underway, just want to be sure I've got the hang of things first!) and decided to try throwing it in the blender as a smoothie base. And the result was fabulous.

I had only planned to use half the mango, but, let's just say that if you know me very well then you know I have a mango abuse problem. I can barely keep them in the house - they just get devoured. They're the first thing I tear into after a trip the grocery store. So, it's up to you and your mango preference as to whether or not you'd like the whole fruit or not.


My very thoughtful mother in law sent me some pea protein shortly after Julia was born, and I'm sad to say that it's vile stuff. I used a whole scoop in just a glass of non-dairy milk the first time I tried it, and I genuinely came close to barfing after my first sip. It was horrid. But, it's a huge source of protein that doesn't bother my little feister. So I try to work in into things from time to time and counteract the taste with honey. It works!

Recipe: Mango Kefir Smoothie

1 1/2 cups kefir (I use rice milk so it's safe!)
1/2 - 1 whole mango, frozen (to your preference)
1 banana
+/- 2 teaspoons pea protein powder
honey

Stick it all in the blender and blend!

Wishing I had some right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment