Friday, April 18, 2014

Feisty-Free Banana French Toast

I was making some eggs for John last weekend when I had the sudden and insatiable need for French Toast. He wasn't interested (weirdo), so I decided to make it for one.


I had a banana that needed to get eaten or cooked, so I sliced it up and threw it in the skillet to brown, turning my regular French Toast into Banana Bread French Toast. It was the most delicious thing I've eaten since going dairy/gluten/soy/coconut/everything free, no exaggeration. Well, ok, I'd have to try it with pancakes to be sure. For science.

This picture is so delicious it hurts.

I made my own cinnamon-sugar shaker out of an almost-empty cinnamon spice jar, and it was a very wise decision.


Recipe: Banana French Toast for One (and change)

1 egg
1/3 cup milk of your choice
one dash each of nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla
3 slices of bread of your choice (yeah, three is a lot for one, so find a friend or go wild)
1 banana
butter of your choice
cinnamon/sugar shaker (optional)
Vermont maple syrup (I like Vermont's better, sorry)

1. Set your skillet out to heat with a glob of butter.

2. In a wide bowl, mix egg, milk, and seasonings very well. Dip bread in one slice at a time and set in skillet to cook. If there's any leftover liquid, pour it over the bread while it cooks.

3. Slice banana. When the French toast is almost done, add the banana to the pan. Let brown. Sprinkle everything with cinnamon/sugar shaker, if desired (you desire it).

4. Eat with gusto and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment