Friday, July 25, 2014

Strawberries!

I have some pretty big news.

Yeah, I didn't take this. But it's cute.

I'd been afraid of the strawberry test pretty much since I started the elimination diet. I'd been putting it off for several months because I just didn't want to know. Without knowing, I still had hope that I could eat strawberries. But with summer in full swing, I had to take the test.

Chocolate, oats, and tomatoes have been the toughest foods to do without. Actually, even coconut, but that's because coconut is in so many other foods, and because coconut milk is more delicious than rice milk. But fear not, fellow Eliminationeers -- strawberries HAVE PASSED!!!!


So we've been eating them several times a week now. Dessert? Bowl of strawberries. Snack? More strawberries. Thirsty? Strawberry smoothies.

When I was pregnant with Julia, I craved pineapple. All day every day, it was pineapple. Pineapples and milk, actually. This recipe became my favorite smoothie, and was one of the few foods that didn't cause heartburn. (In the third trimester, everything causes heartburn)

Pineapple Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1 cup milk of your choice
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 cu frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 pitted date, optional
1 serving protein powder, optional

Blend.
Everything doesn't really have to be frozen, but it helps if most of it is.

It looks neat in the blender




No comments:

Post a Comment